Forums for all ASUS, Garmin-Asus and ACER Windows Mobile Based Phones


    How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Share

    Aragorn2903

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2009-08-11

    How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  Aragorn2903 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:04 am

    I tried manny roms with no problem but when i try navx2vad CE OS 5.2.23016 (Build 23016.5.3.0) my Imei and Bt mac are corupted.
    The Imei and Bt mac don`t bother me the real problem is when i make a call or when i recive one i can`t hear the pearson whitch i taalk to but she can hear me. I think this is a big problem. I can`t use the phone anymore.
    I try other roms including oficial 4.15 and the problem is the same. Looks like when i flash to 23016.5.3.0 i overridden gsmparam.cfg and here i stored all gsm parameters. Maybe someone upload gsmparam.cfg. Please help!

    Aragorn2903

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2009-08-11

    Re: How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  Aragorn2903 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:58 pm

    I delete gsmparam.cfg and the phone is dooing the exact same thing. Looks like gsmparam.cfg is empty.I opened and is full with "yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..."

    Aragorn2903

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2009-08-11

    Re: How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  Aragorn2903 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:19 pm

    Please somoane ho not loose imei to open this gsmparam.cfg and post a printscreen. How big is the file mine have about 64K ?
    I open the file with notepad.
    If the file contains Imei and BT mac you could replace them in printscreen with "000000000000000"



    Please help me Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

    RoCKeR

    Posts : 23
    Join date : 2009-06-02

    Re: How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  RoCKeR on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:14 pm

    Aragorn2903 wrote:Please somoane ho not loose imei to open this gsmparam.cfg and post a printscreen. How big is the file mine have about 64K ?
    I open the file with notepad.
    If the file contains Imei and BT mac you could replace them in printscreen with "000000000000000"



    Please help me Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

    Apprently you cannot use gsmparam.cfg of any other asus p320, if u do so..both the device will have same imei no and the network operator can block ur network..

    Also this file cannot be edited..it holds all ur system information...

    In my case, I have submitted the phone to asus service center and reported them about the call problems..but haven't told them about the IMEI corrupt...its still in warranty ...lets c wht happens next....

    smart2smart

    Posts : 34
    Join date : 2009-05-23

    Re: How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  smart2smart on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:21 pm

    Aragorn2903 wrote:Please somoane ho not loose imei to open this gsmparam.cfg and post a printscreen. How big is the file mine have about 64K ?
    I open the file with notepad.
    If the file contains Imei and BT mac you could replace them in printscreen with "000000000000000"



    Please help me Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad


    The uncorrupted file is also 64k for me but its not in a readable format, check out the screenshot below.




    Aragorn2903

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2009-08-11

    Re: How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  Aragorn2903 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:15 pm

    RoCKeR wrote:
    Aragorn2903 wrote:Please somoane ho not loose imei to open this gsmparam.cfg and post a printscreen. How big is the file mine have about 64K ?
    I open the file with notepad.
    If the file contains Imei and BT mac you could replace them in printscreen with "000000000000000"



    Please help me Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

    Apprently you cannot use gsmparam.cfg of any other asus p320, if u do so..both the device will have same imei no and the network operator can block ur network..

    Also this file cannot be edited..it holds all ur system information...

    In my case, I have submitted the phone to asus service center and reported them about the call problems..but haven't told them about the IMEI corrupt...its still in warranty ...lets c wht happens next....


    Someone on the xdadevelopers forum took the gsmparam.cfg file from another p320 and the earpice and speaker are start functionig but the imei and bt are still corrupted. Atleast the phone is functioning.

    nipunambastha

    Posts : 30
    Join date : 2009-05-19
    Age : 33
    Location : India

    Re: How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  nipunambastha on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:11 am

    Guys

    I faced the same issue my IMEI got corrupted, after a day after the installation.

    I read articale by Hdubli that if we restore the original version 4.15 win 6.1 the IMEI gets back
    I did that, i have my IMEI back n my device back on track

    Kindly give a try.

    Aragorn2903

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2009-08-11

    Re: How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  Aragorn2903 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:35 am

    nipunambastha wrote:Guys

    I faced the same issue my IMEI got corrupted, after a day after the installation.

    I read articale by Hdubli that if we restore the original version 4.15 win 6.1 the IMEI gets back
    I did that, i have my IMEI back n my device back on track

    Kindly give a try.

    I restore to 4.15 WM6.1 oficial relese but imei and bt mac still corupted. Earpice and speaker don`t work.

    nipunambastha

    Posts : 30
    Join date : 2009-05-19
    Age : 33
    Location : India

    Re: How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  nipunambastha on Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:47 am

    Aragorn2903 wrote:
    nipunambastha wrote:Guys

    I faced the same issue my IMEI got corrupted, after a day after the installation.

    I read articale by Hdubli that if we restore the original version 4.15 win 6.1 the IMEI gets back
    I did that, i have my IMEI back n my device back on track

    Kindly give a try.

    I restore to 4.15 WM6.1 oficial relese but imei and bt mac still corupted. Earpice and speaker don`t work.

    Then boss i think u had to visit the srvice center

    RoCKeR

    Posts : 23
    Join date : 2009-06-02

    any luck

    Post  RoCKeR on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:35 pm

    @Aragorn2903, any luck buddy....

    RoCKeR

    Posts : 23
    Join date : 2009-06-02

    Re: How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  RoCKeR on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:36 am

    nipunambastha wrote:
    Aragorn2903 wrote:
    nipunambastha wrote:Guys

    I faced the same issue my IMEI got corrupted, after a day after the installation.

    I read articale by Hdubli that if we restore the original version 4.15 win 6.1 the IMEI gets back
    I did that, i have my IMEI back n my device back on track

    Kindly give a try.

    I restore to 4.15 WM6.1 oficial relese but imei and bt mac still corupted. Earpice and speaker don`t work.

    Then boss i think u had to visit the srvice center

    Yeppi cheers ..I got ma motherboard replaced from Asus service center....So if your phone is in warranty..visit the service center and report them about the call problem not about the IMEI corrupt...and ya if possible downgrade ur phone to asus official rom wm 6.1 v10 or v13...

    Aragorn2903

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2009-08-11

    Re: How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  Aragorn2903 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:40 pm

    RoCKeR wrote:
    nipunambastha wrote:
    Aragorn2903 wrote:
    nipunambastha wrote:Guys

    I faced the same issue my IMEI got corrupted, after a day after the installation.

    I read articale by Hdubli that if we restore the original version 4.15 win 6.1 the IMEI gets back
    I did that, i have my IMEI back n my device back on track

    Kindly give a try.

    I restore to 4.15 WM6.1 oficial relese but imei and bt mac still corupted. Earpice and speaker don`t work.

    Then boss i think u had to visit the srvice center

    Yeppi cheers ..I got ma motherboard replaced from Asus service center....So if your phone is in warranty..visit the service center and report them about the call problem not about the IMEI corrupt...and ya if possible downgrade ur phone to asus official rom wm 6.1 v10 or v13...

    I`m from Romania and i don`t have Asus service center here. Sad Sad

    Danz

    Posts : 7
    Join date : 2009-05-28

    Re: How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  Danz on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:41 am

    Aragorn2903 wrote:
    RoCKeR wrote:
    nipunambastha wrote:
    Aragorn2903 wrote:
    nipunambastha wrote:Guys

    I faced the same issue my IMEI got corrupted, after a day after the installation.

    I read articale by Hdubli that if we restore the original version 4.15 win 6.1 the IMEI gets back
    I did that, i have my IMEI back n my device back on track

    Kindly give a try.

    I restore to 4.15 WM6.1 oficial relese but imei and bt mac still corupted. Earpice and speaker don`t work.

    Then boss i think u had to visit the srvice center

    Yeppi cheers ..I got ma motherboard replaced from Asus service center....So if your phone is in warranty..visit the service center and report them about the call problem not about the IMEI corrupt...and ya if possible downgrade ur phone to asus official rom wm 6.1 v10 or v13...

    I`m from Romania and i don`t have Asus service center here. Sad Sad

    There is one called Euros SRL witch is in Bucharest, Str. Plugarilor nr. 10-14, Sector 4, and you can find this info on asus site here :

    http://support.asus.com/contact/contact.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

    You can also find all the other service centers from acros the world at the link

    Aragorn2903

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2009-08-11

    Re: How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  Aragorn2903 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:57 pm

    Thx for your help guys but im switching to HTC Diamond. tongue Very Happy tongue
    avatar
    kalpeshmist

    Posts : 50
    Join date : 2009-09-25
    Age : 28
    Location : India

    Re: How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  kalpeshmist on Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:32 am



    Last edited by kalpeshmist on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link changed)

    Sponsored content

    Re: How to fix this Imei and Bt thing

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:22 am