Forums for all ASUS, Garmin-Asus and ACER Windows Mobile Based Phones


    Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Share
    avatar
    firewolf

    Posts : 32
    Join date : 2009-05-06
    Location : Sofia, Bulgaria

    You're the greaterst!

    Post  firewolf on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:06 pm

    Thanks for the ROM, i will try it when i have to do my next hard reset. Smile I have too many apps to reinstall...

    And for the "Auto Cleaner" question - try this one:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=4030903&postcount=3

    avatar
    rayraven

    Posts : 47
    Join date : 2009-05-06

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  rayraven on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:13 am

    @DmBob

    The rom feels rock solid! Thanks once again!

    Although some guys are complaining about memory usage, i think its fine, heck the last build [23016] used to come down to ~13 Mb after sometime too. Also, this build doesnt seem to leak memory like the 23016 one.

    As far as speed, i think this is just as fast as the other 6.5 builds. I didnt feel any lag coming over from 23016.

    But, i do have a couple of issues.

    1. I still face the call history bug, but using the ks20 patch i posted some time back, solves it for me.

    2. I generally use Omapclock to overclock my OMAP850 to 240Mhz [from the stock 186Mhz].
    That adds a lot of speed to the overall usage.
    But, in this build, the rom seems to slow down on using omapclock.
    Anyone else facing the same problem?

    EDIT: I did a hard-reset and then installed omapclockkeep, its working perfectly fine now. Those of you who think the rom is too slow, might want to try it out.

    Regards,
    ray

    smart2smart

    Posts : 34
    Join date : 2009-05-23

    Missed Calls

    Post  smart2smart on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:45 am

    rayraven wrote:@DmBob

    The rom feels rock solid! Thanks once again!

    Although some guys are complaining about memory usage, i think its fine, heck the last build [23016] used to come down to ~13 Mb after sometime too. Also, this build doesnt seem to leak memory like the 23016 one.

    As far as speed, i think this is just as fast as the other 6.5 builds. I didnt feel any lag coming over from 23016.

    But, i do have a couple of issues.

    1. I still face the call history bug, but using the ks20 patch i posted some time back, solves it for me.

    2. I generally use Omapclock to overclock my OMAP850 to 240Mhz [from the stock 186Mhz].
    That adds a lot of speed to the overall usage.
    But, in this build, the rom seems to slow down on using omapclock.
    Anyone else facing the same problem?

    EDIT: I did a hard-reset and then installed omapclockkeep, its working perfectly fine now. Those of you who think the rom is too slow, might want to try it out.

    Regards,
    ray


    I also have the same problem of the missed calls not getting recorded. @Rayraven, do I need to run the ks20.exe everytime the phone is on ?
    avatar
    rayraven

    Posts : 47
    Join date : 2009-05-06

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  rayraven on Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:17 am

    @smart2smart,

    yes, just drop the exe file in the startup folder.
    It doesnt use any memory, just a couple of kb's.
    I've been using this patch since build 21234 and it hasnt caused any issues.

    Here's the link to the patch:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3730334#post3730334

    smart2smart

    Posts : 34
    Join date : 2009-05-23

    Missed Calls

    Post  smart2smart on Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:50 am

    rayraven wrote:@smart2smart,

    yes, just drop the exe file in the startup folder.
    It doesnt use any memory, just a couple of kb's.
    I've been using this patch since build 21234 and it hasnt caused any issues.

    Here's the link to the patch:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3730334#post3730334

    Dear Rayraven,

    Thanks for the link, I looked quite a bit to find your old post. Just a clarification. After running this patch it does show up in task manager, on the in the processes tab of the task manager. Is that expected.

    I will update if this fixes the problem !
    avatar
    rayraven

    Posts : 47
    Join date : 2009-05-06

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  rayraven on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:20 am

    smart2smart wrote:Dear Rayraven,

    Thanks for the link, I looked quite a bit to find your old post. Just a clarification. After running this patch it does show up in task manager, on the in the processes tab of the task manager. Is that expected.

    I will update if this fixes the problem !

    Yeah, it shows up in processes, thats normal.
    avatar
    a4rocks

    Posts : 109
    Join date : 2009-07-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Kolkata, India

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  a4rocks on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:42 am

    whoa wrote:
    a4rocks wrote:
    That theme looks nice!
    Mind me asking where I could get it ?
    Not at all, would rather love to share with you all. Here you go-
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583050
    Meanwhile, I am rather pleased to say that I am quite happy with the build except the fact that it keeps on losing network as soon as I wake up the device from Sleep mode to the WM6.5 lock screen but minor niggles aside, I am loving this build and am strictly gonna stick with it.

    rui efe

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2009-10-20

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  rui efe on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:24 pm

    the bug of the camera still keeps in this rom...no fotos, no video recording..Why the cam on the back of the phone, if we can not use it in the last's 4 rom's??????

    i start thinking, if we want to use it, we had to get back to the primary rom Crying or Very sad
    avatar
    a4rocks

    Posts : 109
    Join date : 2009-07-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Kolkata, India

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  a4rocks on Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:16 pm

    rui efe wrote:the bug of the camera still keeps in this rom...no fotos, no video recording..Why the cam on the back of the phone, if we can not use it in the last's 4 rom's??????

    i start thinking, if we want to use it, we had to get back to the primary rom Crying or Very sad
    I don't think there is a camera bug here. There is a video bug sure and video doesn't work. Probably video recording is not supported in WM6.5. See, it depends. I don't really use the camera on the phone unless it's an absolute requirement and I have never used video recording in this frankly. I will always prefer a standalone camera for this function. So, depends on how you use it. Photos are enough for me. So, I love this ROM like many others here. Very Happy

    Of course, you can try searching in the XDA-Developers forum for fixing the video bug. I hope you do find it there. Meanwhile, try to minimise your video recordings and I am sure even you will love this ROM. Just give it a try. Cool

    rui efe

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2009-10-20

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  rui efe on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:52 pm

    a4rocks wrote:
    rui efe wrote:the bug of the camera still keeps in this rom...no fotos, no video recording..Why the cam on the back of the phone, if we can not use it in the last's 4 rom's??????

    i start thinking, if we want to use it, we had to get back to the primary rom Crying or Very sad
    I don't think there is a camera bug here. There is a video bug sure and video doesn't work. Probably video recording is not supported in WM6.5. See, it depends. I don't really use the camera on the phone unless it's an absolute requirement and I have never used video recording in this frankly. I will always prefer a standalone camera for this function. So, depends on how you use it. Photos are enough for me. So, I love this ROM like many others here. Very Happy

    Of course, you can try searching in the XDA-Developers forum for fixing the video bug. I hope you do find it there. Meanwhile, try to minimise your video recordings and I am sure even you will love this ROM. Just give it a try. Cool

    I like to take photos with the PDA...recording?? not realy, but the thurth is this.Camera cames with the PDA, our no? i put a new rom in it and I least liked to take pictures with it..
    With this I'm not saying that the Rom are poorly made and not like her, attention...

    So, my question is... with this rom, you can realy take photos with her?

    Tkx a4rocks Smile
    avatar
    a4rocks

    Posts : 109
    Join date : 2009-07-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Kolkata, India

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  a4rocks on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:05 am

    rui efe wrote:I like to take photos with the PDA...recording?? not realy, but the thurth is this.Camera cames with the PDA, our no? i put a new rom in it and I least liked to take pictures with it..
    With this I'm not saying that the Rom are poorly made and not like her, attention...

    So, my question is... with this rom, you can realy take photos with her?

    Tkx a4rocks Smile
    Hi,
    Yes, I can take photos with it and I am having no problem whatsoever. People have reported in the past about video problem but no photo problems have been reported in the past before according to my knowledge. Try a hard reset. Tell me, can you even access the Camera option?
    avatar
    neooxyle

    Posts : 3
    Join date : 2009-11-12

    Another Bug

    Post  neooxyle on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:29 am

    Hey, I've noticed another bug : The digital battery meter which gives info in terms of percentage is gone suddenly and back to the default battery. Its ok...but, the strength of the battery doesn't change at all!! It remains static as full even when the battery is almost out!! So, any solution guys??
    avatar
    a4rocks

    Posts : 109
    Join date : 2009-07-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Kolkata, India

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  a4rocks on Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:15 am

    neooxyle wrote:Hey, I've noticed another bug : The digital battery meter which gives info in terms of percentage is gone suddenly and back to the default battery. Its ok...but, the strength of the battery doesn't change at all!! It remains static as full even when the battery is almost out!! So, any solution guys??


    No such problems here. Mine's working fully well. Did you happen to tinker with some system files? Can you tell me after what process did this happen or it just happened randomly?
    avatar
    kalpeshmist

    Posts : 50
    Join date : 2009-09-25
    Age : 28
    Location : India

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  kalpeshmist on Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:32 am

    neooxyle wrote:Hey, I've noticed another bug : The digital battery meter which gives info in terms of percentage is gone suddenly and back to the default battery. Its ok...but, the strength of the battery doesn't change at all!! It remains static as full even when the battery is almost out!! So, any solution guys??

    try installin battery meter.. search in xda-developers

    Danz

    Posts : 7
    Join date : 2009-05-28

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  Danz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:42 pm

    Hello,

    Here are some news:

    The loss of network only happens when the phone comes out of standby, it is reduced by using software lock rather then hardware lock, and it also related to the missed call issue, However i noticed that after i overclocked my phone using ompacloockKeep the network drop still happens but no missed calls issue.

    Strange!! scratch

    The issue with "the phone is not ready. Wait 15 seconds and try again" was fixed with a soft reset.

    smart2smart

    Posts : 34
    Join date : 2009-05-23

    Missed Calls

    Post  smart2smart on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:34 pm

    Hi all,

    The patch solves the problem of the missed calls !! Yippee ... It sometime logs the call twice but its better than not having anything ...

    Noticed one issue. Am not able to connect to active sync via bluetooth. Activesync is not present in the services list that comes up on pairing a device ?

    Known issue ?

    ashyshs

    Posts : 3
    Join date : 2009-06-23

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  ashyshs on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:14 pm

    which patch did you install? Can you please share the link?

    - Ashish

    Update: Sorry, I found the link. Never mind.

    smart2smart

    Posts : 34
    Join date : 2009-05-23

    Activesync

    Post  smart2smart on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:31 am

    smart2smart wrote:Hi all,

    The patch solves the problem of the missed calls !! Yippee ... It sometime logs the call twice but its better than not having anything ...

    Noticed one issue. Am not able to connect to active sync via bluetooth. Activesync is not present in the services list that comes up on pairing a device ?

    Known issue ?

    Problem was with some Bluetooth software I had, it has been resolved now ...

    Am very happy with the build, I however have got feedback of picking the call up very late a couple of times. Delayed ringing.

    nripin

    Posts : 1
    Join date : 2009-09-30

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  nripin on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:43 pm

    Downloading now Thanks Mate !!!

    stree

    Posts : 2
    Join date : 2009-11-15

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  stree on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:39 pm

    HI guy i have aproblem with the GPS update.
    When i try to updtae my gps with the gps-Catcher i get the following error messange

    Connection cannot be established!
    GPS data cannot be updated,please try again.

    but after the 20 failed trys i dont think that it would work.

    I have try it with the GPS stick but nothing happend
    avatar
    a4rocks

    Posts : 109
    Join date : 2009-07-29
    Age : 26
    Location : Kolkata, India

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  a4rocks on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:20 am

    stree wrote:HI guy i have aproblem with the GPS update.
    When i try to updtae my gps with the gps-Catcher i get the following error messange

    Connection cannot be established!
    GPS data cannot be updated,please try again.

    but after the 20 failed trys i dont think that it would work.

    I have try it with the GPS stick but nothing happend
    No such problem here stree.


    Can you confirm if you can connect to the Internet using Internet Explorer? I believe there is a problem with your internet connection itself. Do check and tell me.

    kenangelz

    Posts : 1
    Join date : 2009-11-19

    Bluetooth and Dialer Screen Probs !

    Post  kenangelz on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:38 pm

    well i think this is the most stable Build .. No shit probs on me man .. touch wood .. the only prob i am facing is i cant switch on my bluetooth and even if i manage to do so no 1 can see me or send anything but at times i can see dem all and send anything i like ..?????..

    second thing is the dialer screen goes white wen i change my wallpaper to something else .. and in call i cannot see the name and duration of the call .. but i can see the buttons (hold, end, add call etc) ..
    plz help ..

    Danz

    Posts : 7
    Join date : 2009-05-28

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  Danz on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:34 pm

    I think i may have found a fix for the loss of network i've changed from this location

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/PhoneNetSelMode the key "timeout" from 30000 to 0.

    I don't know what other effects this might have so i am asking somebody who knows his way around the registry if i must set the value back to original?

    thank you

    Aby

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2009-06-05

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  Aby on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:41 pm

    Thanks DmBob for the long awaited ROM... the forum had long period of low activity till you came up with the new ROM...

    i have been using your ROM for a week now... i must say it is quite stable and congratulations on that...

    i have not encountered problems that other members have pointed out.. except for signal drops... and occasional sudden draining out of battery (the back panel really becomes hot and battery drains out)..


    few things that i have missed in the ROM are
    i. letter recogniser
    ii. alarm sound



    i have managed to take care of the letter recogniser....
    and for the alarm sound... which should be waking me up every morning ... but the default sounds are nothing close to doing that..

    i tried different audio clips and put them in the Windows folder but i don't see them in the dropdown option when i goto set up my alarm... or am i doing anything wrong.. (looking for members to help me out here)


    Smile

    even after posting, i was still trying out other ways.. and guess what i figured it out... i copied the alarm sound i wanted into the Rings folder in Windows...




    Wink


    Last edited by Aby on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : figured out the solution)

    stree

    Posts : 2
    Join date : 2009-11-15

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  stree on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:54 pm

    [quote="a4rocks"]
    stree wrote:
    Can you confirm if you can connect to the Internet using Internet Explorer? I believe there is a problem with your internet connection itself. Do check and tell me.

    hmm ya
    i cant connect to our wifi router ...
    do you know the reasson for that problem?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Build 23085 CHome WWE

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:18 pm